It is not uncommon for certain events to have restrictions or delays on ticket transfers. For this reason, "mobile QR" screenshots will be delivered. These screenshots will work the same as if you had them transferred to your Ticketmaster account and scanned them off of your mobile device. The mobile QR codes will be delivered as PDFs, but please remember that you cannot print them, as mobile QR codes are specifically designed to be used with a smartphone for entry.
Articles in this section
- Why can’t I see the seat numbers for certain ticket listings?
- If the seller provides seat numbers in the seller notes, how do I know which seats I'll be getting if I'm not purchasing the entire block of tickets in the listing?
- Will my seats be together?
- Will I receive the higher or lower seat numbers in a ticket listing if I don't buy all of the seats?
- What is a “lawn” seat?
- Where can I find the “seller notes” on a ticket listing?
- What does it mean if the tickets are “obstructed view” or “limited view”?
- Who determines if a ticket is considered an “obstructed” or “limited” view?
- If I make two separate orders for tickets in the same section and row, will they be together?
- What is the difference between an “instant download” and an “E-ticket”?